Migrating to ATSC 3.0
ATSC 3.0 is an incredibly powerful “must-have” which really changes the competitive landscape for over-the-air (OTA) broadcast. However, there are concerns in the industry whether there are enough staff and skills to execute the rollout in a timely manner, especially with a 10-Phase 39-month repack plan to execute, and factoring in all the new components with ATSC 3.0. What is the contingency plan if the “Everything must go right” plan fails? Ask for more time? Ask for more help? Ask for more money?
QLIGENT® Vision-ATSC will simultaneously monitor the end-to-end signal path for ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 and provide immediate multi-point oversight of the system parameters.
The system deploys as 2 boxes (COTS). One at the headend and one at the transmission site. The points monitored are the streams (SDI, ALP, Route, MMTP, ASI, SMPTE310, ALPTP, STLTP, IP, RTP, UDP, SMPTE2022-1, 8VSB, COFDM, etc.) as well as the equipment throughout the entire signal path via JSON or SNMP. The system can also leverage any existing T&M equipment or monitoring systems to provide the end-to-end oversight.
With Qligent® Vision or Point in place one enables 24/7 oversight of your media distribution during transition periods.
- Baselines current terrestrial signal path (ATSC 1) to identify any pre-existing conditions
- Collects data from equipment as well as the streams to obtain health from multiple perspectives
- Correlates data in real time as well as historical trends to simplify intermittent problem solving
- Raw signal capture and export for quick vendor troubleshooting support
- Easy to compartmentalize and/or share data securely, great for channel sharing
- Provides confidence to broadcasters when changing out equipment, testing features features, adjusting configurations and other optimizations.
- The workflow is simple - Visualize, Analyze, and Report.